notokinthehead











{September 23, 2012}   Excerpt From My Journal- 9/23/12

06:15am

03:19- My pager goes off. Six year old, high fever, vomiting, asthma, convulsing. Good one. Except we cleared the scene by 03:32 and dispatch didn’t release us until 04:52. Then I come home to out CO (carbon monoxide) detector screeching and Mom and Dad sleeping through it. I woke them up, checked everything out & let them go back to bed once it got below 70ppm. Now I can’t sleep so I’m not even going to try. It bothers me that Mom and Dad slept through the ear-piercing screeching of that CO detector- it’s right outside of their bedroom door and I heard it when I drove in the driveway. That’s scary. They were both A+OX4 and claimed to have no symptoms… but how long was it going off for? I was gone for a little over an hour and a half. What if I had gone on transport?

 

Update 13:25pm

I finally gave in and passed out around 08:45am. I couldn’t take it any longer. I may have been okay if I’d gone to bed before 01:30am, but I didn’t. I needed the sleep. Later today I will be driving the largest fire truck we have and that’s no easy feat. That will finish up my training for EVOS (Emergency Vehicle Operations and Safety) and I’ll have yet another certificate to add to the stack. I guess that’s a good thing. I just have no interest in the fire fighting, I’m more than happy to stick with the ambulance.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

et cetera
%d bloggers like this: